Unraveling the History of Quilts & Slavery
Facts & Fabrications – Unraveling the History of Quilts & Slavery: • 8 Projects • 20 Blocks • First-Person Accounts
Did Quilts Really Lead the Way to Freedom?
• What role did quilts play? Barbara explores the stories surrounding the Underground Railroad
• Read about the people who were there! First-person accounts, newspaper and military records, and surviving quilts all add clues
• YOU decide how to interpret the stories and history, fabrication and facts as you learn about this fascinating time in history
• Excellent resource for elementary through high school learners - curriculum included!
Recall an unforgettable phase of our nation's history with America's leading quilt historian. Barbara Brackman presents the most current research on the role of quilts during the time of slavery, emancipation, and the Underground Railroad. Nine quilt projects combine historic blocks with Barbara's own designs.
• Learn to make perfect pieced triangles the hassle-free way
• Lots of setting options for all your blocks
If you've ever looked at a complex pieced block and wondered if you could make it, this is the book for you. Mary Ellen deconstructs all kinds of blocks into easy-to-piece units: from Rail Fence to 18-Patch blocks, all you'll need is squares and triangles! First issued over fifteen years ago, this volume has been updated extensively.